Monday, July 6, 2009

From art to photography.


When I was younger I studied art. My favourite subjects were drawing, art history and typing (study of fonts). Drawing because I was quite good at it, typing because I love making weird postcards with handwritten times new roman and art history because it is what defines everything built, drawn, sculptured and photographed today. I love it when I stumble across pictures with a clear referance to other artists from other ages.

Every monday, the most boring day of the week usually, Even brightens up my day with links to photographers, youtube clips and random stories from the weekend. Today he sent me a link to Marcus Ohlsson. He's signed to the same agency as Camilla Åkrans, which we've been showing pictures from for some time. Anyway. He had some pictures which so clearly shows what I just wrote of.


René Magritte is a surrealist born in Belgium. The painting above is one of his most known paintings, along with the raining englishmen with apples infront of their faces. But, though he painted in the same time and with the same views as other surrealists (Salvador Dalí), he developed a unique style. And so I put him a bit higher than the others.

Marcus Ohlsson has a serie which I think clearly shows a great inspiration from this painting.







from LundLund.

No comments:

Post a Comment