Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Close your eyes to see.

Art + Commerce holds some of these times' best photographers (I think at least). Some weeks ago I noticed they had something new on their site; a Picture of the Day. This made me really happy, because now I don't have to search through their huge archive to find beautiful photographs. They show photos from all the photographers they've had signed. Like Robert Mapplethorpe, Perry Ogden, Steven Meisel, David LaChapelle, and of course Craig McDean and Sølve Sundsbø. Just to meantion a few.
Todays picture is taken by Robert Mapplethorpe and is of Patti Smith. It was also the cover of her debut album, Horses. Below the picture on AArt + Commerce's site there's a quote from Jefferson Hack, Co-founder Dazed + Confused. "It was because of this picture that I bought ‘Horses.’ I wanted to know girls that looked like that. I wanted to hang out with girls that stood like that. Girls that were lit all the time".

No comments:

Post a Comment