Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Before / after, Maiken.


New concept in the making! Me and Even were talking yesterday, and he came up with the great idea of showing some of our work both before and after photoshop. I thought I'd kick it all off with some of my pictures. These were taken for my cousin, who's a hairdresser. The model is my sister, Annichen.

The pictures were for a contest called Wella Trend Vision 2008. It's an annual contest, one of the biggest, to do with hair. These pictures were taken for the Norwegian competition, which we won! We got to travel to Lisbon to attend the World Championship. It was a lot of fun.

This first picture (below) is the raw-file. It's not been processed in any way in this picture:


To light the photo I only used a small softbox, places to the far left to get a hard, but still kind of soft lighting. I placed it there to show her hair (which is what was important for this shoot). To the right I have a silver reflector. The background is lit with two lamps on each side. The after picture is as seen below:


Quite a lot of work in photoshop with this one. The layers mainly consist of editing the skin, editing the hair, curves and dodge and burn. Another important thing to this photo was to really make her haircolour stand out, as it was one of the criterias in the category we competed.

Another picture from the same shoot. The lighting is the same, except I moved the softbox a lot closer to light her face.


And after here, I mainly did the same things as the one above. However, this is the first picture I ever retouched (skin) with building up special parts of her face. Like the cheekbone, and ear. I remember being quite pleased.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admint, in teh first picture, I like the origonal better than the photoshopped image.

    Something about the shadow on her face that make it "speak to me". The photoshopped image is a little too "porcelain".

    PS: in FF3.5, I can't copy/paste or use the cursor keys in the comment box. Most irritating, especially since I spell/type badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right :) But porcelain was what we were going for, so I guess I achieved that effect at least :)

    Thanks though!

    ReplyDelete