Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chessnut girls and music feet.




Yesterday I went up to Chateau Neuf to see The Slow Painters play. I know two of the guys in the band, and it's been nearly two years since they've played together. They were good I thought, only something was weird about the vocals (to low set microphone), so we couldn't really here the vocals.


Another band played as well. The bass player has one of the best vocals I've heard in Norway. It had this Dallas Green sort of softness, but with the rawness of Stuart Braithwaite (Mogwai). The band was called I See Horses. If you click the link you can hear three of their songs. Animals and Judas are my favourites so far.


It got late though, and me and Magnus and Cato stumbled home. They jumped in a taxi, but I got on the tram instead. It only took me about three stops though, and then I had to walk to the next stop. Unfortunatly it was closed down. I wasn't sure it was when I got there, but I asked a guy who was standing there. He was supposed to take the same tram as me. We ended up walking together home. He is a jazz musician, and that's all I know. I walked in high heels and picked up chessnuts whenever I found any. Was a nice end to a nice evening.


photos: David Bellemére for Marie Claire Italia

1 comment:

  1. You had a wonderful evening:) I think I envy you a little lol

    Oh, what beatiful images you always find!

    Have a great day dear
    -Lenah.

    ReplyDelete