Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kim Hiorthøy, translated.

Kim Hiorthøy, one of my favourite authors/musicans/artists has written an amazing book called "Du kan ikke svikte din beste venn og bli god til å synge samtidig". Or translated: "You can't betray your bestfriend and become a good singer at the same time". It's a beautiful book. Here is one of the short stories, translated from Norwegian.

"I have to leave now, she said. No, wait! I said and ran to get the balloons. Look! I can do this as well! I almost sang while I threw them up in the air and caught them again with nice, swooshing movements. That's not enough, she said. Yes, yes! It is enough! I said and threw an especially nice, yellow one in front of her eyes. But she wouldn't listen. Before, when I didn't have any of this, it seemed exciting, she said. But when it fills up your whole day it's just tiresome. She walked to the door and opened it. You have to want it even more! I yelled and let go of a balloon so it flew up into the air. She shook her head and closed the door. I grabbed the trompet and ran out on the veranda. This was my final chance."



Text: Kim Hiorthøy
Photo: James Mascari

2 comments:

  1. The translation of «oversettelse» is «translation» and not «transelation»

    ReplyDelete